Membership Drive Going On – Contact :

🇮🇳 Jai Hind ! Bharat Mata Ki Jai ! Kadam Kadam Badhayein Jaa! Satyamev Jayate! Sare Jahan Se Accha Hindustan Hamara! Unity , Faith, Sacrifice ! Jai Hind ! 🇮🇳

Defence Force League

Bar to MVC During the Indo-Pak War 1965, Sqn Ldr Nath was again the Flight Commander with the Strategic Photo Reconnaissance Squadron flying the Canberra aircraft. He led his unit several times over the hostile territory to obtain vital information about the enemy. The unescorted missions, which were in the nature of reconnaissance, entailed flying long distances over the enemy territory and well-defended airfields and installations during day light. Sqn Ldr Nath was fully aware of the risk he was running on each of these missions. Still, he chose to undertake the risky missions himself. It was after great persuasion that he allowed his colleagues to do some risky assignments. The information gathered by him during his missions proved vitally important to Indian air effort. The missions enabled our Air Force to attack vital enemy targets and this adversely affected enemy's war effort. Sqn Ldr Nath was awarded Bar to Mahavir Chakra for displaying courage, determination and devotion to duty
During the operations against Pakistan in December, 1971, Squadron Leader Dalip Kumar Dass as a pilot in a Fighter Bomber Squadron, flew a number of operational missions. On the 5th December, 1971, he was detailed on a mission to destroy a massive enemy thrust spear headed by a tank regiment at Longewala. He carried out three strike missions on 5th the December and one on the 6th December, 1971, and destroyed four tanks, a number of vehicles and droops concentrations despite heavy ground fire. His missions had a decisive effect in frustrating the enemy thrust. Throughout, Squadron Leader Dalip Kumar Dass displayed gallantry, professional skill and devotion to duty of a high order.
In 1972, Murlikant Petkar won India its first-ever Paralympic gold medal in Heidelberg, Germany, for the 50 m freestyle swimming. Back then, he had set a world record of blazing across the waters in an impressive 37.33 seconds.His career began in the Boys Battalion of the Indian Army, which saw him rise through the ranks to reach the war grounds of Pakistan in 1965. A craftsman rank soldier in the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME), he was out for tea in the afternoon whena whistle was blown to indicate an aerial attack. He tried to rush back to his room but the firing had already started. When his army camp came under aerial firing from Pakistani troops, he was left with multiple bullet wounds and was also run over by an army vehicle. The unfortunate incident rendered him a paraplegic for life. He still has a bullet in his spine.